Electrical & Controls Engineer
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical & Controls Engineer to join our Aberdeen based engineering team.
The Electrical & Controls Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager and is primarily responsible for working on a diverse range of bespoke projects for all JCE’s divisions. Assisting clients with product realisation for both hazardous and non-hazardous environments. The main responsibilities of this role will include:-
- Designing LVD Power Distribution & Automation Products.
- Proficient at the creation and approval of electrical, control and renewable system schematics (AutoCAD LT).
- Proficient at the creation and approval of general arrangement drawings (AutoCAD LT).
- Proficient at programming of PLC based control systems (Siemens TIA Portal)
- Proving, building and tests design concepts.
- Proficient at component selection, creating and approving Bills of Materials.
- Proficient Technical/compliance report writing.
- Preforming electrical calculations.
- Correctly sizing conductor and busbar systems.
- Analysing performance and test data.
- System analysis and troubleshooting.
- Project co-ordination.
- Approval of drawings and technical documentation.
- Applying knowledge of LVD, EMC & ATEX standards.
- Supporting Junior and Trainee Engineers within the department.
- Collaborating with other engineers and the production department.
- Clearly presenting designs to internal teams.
- Participating in team meetings and brainstorming sessions.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience and passion for product realisation and control automation. Have good problem solving skills and enjoys new exciting challenges. Have the ability to work within a team but can also work reliably and effectively without supervision, to the appropriate codes of practice. Enjoys innovating and keeping up to date with latest technology.
- Relevant experience delivering multiple engineering projects from concept to commissioning.
- Strong LV Electrical, Control & Solar systems design experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of EU and UKCA Regulation (CE Marking, Machine Directive, LVD).
- Understanding of Functional Safety
- Knowledge of ATEX protection concepts i.e Ex d, Ex e, Ex i
- Ability to understand schematics and single line diagrams
- Using AutoCAD LT to draft schematics and general arrangement drawings
- Approving technical documentation.
- PLC programming experience using TIA portal
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocols i.e CANbus, Profinet & Modbus
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Solid mathematical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and very detail oriented.
- Knowledge of UL508A preferable preferred.
- Ability to use AutoCAD inventor to design 3D models preferred.
JCE Group (UK) Ltd
Blackburn Business Park
|Contract Type||Permanent, 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)|
|Salary||Competitive, dependent on experience|